Agar Agar Food Grade
Agar Agar is derived from seaweeds of the class Rhodophyceae. It has been used for many centuries as high performance gelling agent. It is used as a 100% vegetarian substitute for Gelatin which is manufactured from animal bones and skin in the food industry. This is fast gaining ground due to the worldwide shift for products of vegetable origin.
It can be used to make jellies, puddings, and custards. For making jelly, it is boiled in water until the solids dissolve. Sweetener, flavoring, coloring, fruit or vegetables are then added and the liquid is poured into molds to be served as desserts and vegetable aspics, or incorporated with other desserts, such as a jelly layer in a cake.
Its ability to produce clear colourless, odourless, and natural gels without the support of other colloids has long been exploited by the food industry as a stabilizing and gelling agent. Agar Agar gels at 34°C to 42°C and melts at 80°C to 98°C. This unmatched natural hysteresis offers a definite advantage particularly with regard to the shelf life of food preparations.
Types of products:
· Agar Agar Gracilaria having Gel strength ranging from600 - 1200gm/cm2 in powder form
· Agar Agar in strips/shreds form
· Agar Agar in flakes form
· Agar Agar Gelidium having Gel strength above 600gm/cm²
· Tailor made Agar Agar is also given as per customer’s requirements
Agar Agar Food Grade 600 GS
|Moisture||15 per Max|
|Pack Size Available||10 gram,25 gram,250 gram,500 gram,5 kg,10 kg,20 kg,25 kg|
|Pack Type Available||Sachet,Polybag,Polycontainer,Fibreboard Drum,Carton|
|PH||6.0 - 7.5|
|Ash||More than 3 per max|
|Gel Strenth||Less than 500 gm/cm 2|
|Gelling Temperature||37 - 41 deg C|
|Melting Temperature||88 -93 deg C|
|Swelling Index||Less than equal to 9 ml|
|Water Absorption||More 75 ml|
Types of products:
- Agar Agar Gracilaria having Gel strength ranging from600 - 1200gm/cm2 in powder form
- Agar Agar in strips/shreds form
- Agar Agar in flakes form
- Agar Agar Gelidium having Gel strength above 600gm/cm²
- Tailor made Agar Agar is also given as per customer’s requirements
- Agar can also be used as a coagulator
- Thickening agent, emulsifier and stabilizer in the manufacture of confectionaries like gums, caramels, marshmallows etc
- Fruit Juice & Soft Candy
- The transparency and taste of the soft candy will become better if 0.8 -1.5% Agar Agar is added.
- Agar Agar is used in dairy based products like yoghurts, ice-creams, mousses, chocolate milks, custard tarts, custards etc
- Incorporation takes place at pasteurization stage.
- It is considered as a cost effective stabilizer for dairy products where water retention is of importance.
- It can also be mixed with other colloids to improve their final texture.
Jam & Bakery:
- Agar is used as a thickening agent in low calorie marmalades, jams, processed meat products, bakery fillings, icings, prepared soups, ice-creams, etc.
- As a gelation agent in doughnuts, low calorie marmalades, jams, jelly candy, fruit yogurts, acidified creams, cheese, puddings, custards, flans, fruit desserts, whipped fruit pulp, etc. Agar can also be used in spreadable products like honey, butter, peanut butter, jam products like honey butter, peanut butter, jam products.
- It can also be a substitute for pectin to decrease sugar levels.
- Meat & Ham
- Adding 2% Agar Agar can form gel that can adhere effectively to scrap meat.
- Tender Coconut & Coconut jelly
- Cosmetics: It is used for making face masks, cosmetic creams, shower jelly, baby wash jelly, jelly soaps etc.
- Agar Agar provides crickets and other feeder insects with a safe, clean water source in a convenient gel form.
- This easy-to-use formula eliminates many of the problems associated with traditional watering methods, such as the formation of deadly bacteria and loss through drowning.
- Due to its unique characteristics, Agar has gained tremendous importance in the field of cricket farming.
Agar Agar Food Grade Strips
|Pack Size||100 gram|
|Pack Type||5,10,20,25 kg export worthy cartons|
|Ash||Less Than 2.0%|
|Gel Strength||Greater Than 400 Gm/Cm2|
|Gelling Temperature||38-42 deg C|
|Melting Temperature||88-92 deg C|
- Ice Cream
- Salad Dressings
- Various household foods
- Dairy Products
- Restaurant uses
Agar Agar Shreds
|Pack Size||250 gram|
|Ash||Less than 2%|
|Gel Strength||More than 400 gm/cm2|
|Gelling Temperature||38 - 42 deg C|
|Melting Temperature||88 - 92 deg C|