Approx. Rs 1,200 / KilogramGet Latest Price
|Appearance||Milk White Powder|
|Particle Size||80 mesh|
|Loss on drying||15% w/w max|
|Water insoluble Material||0.6% w/w max|
|Total Plate Count||5000 cfu/g|
|Yeast and mould||500 cfu/g|
|Coliform||Negative in 1g|
|E Coli||Negative in 1g|
|Salmonela||Negative in 1g|
Sodium Alginate is also called Algimic acid and it has a variety of uses in the food, pharmaceutical and textile printing industries. It is also used in the making of dental impression material as its means of gelling. Sodium Alginate is safe as an ingredient in manufactured foods. It is a polysaccharide distributed widely in the cell walls of brown algae, where through binding with water it forms a viscous gum. It is also a significant component of the biofilms produced by the bacterium Pseudomonas aeruginosa, the major pathogen in cystic fibrosis, that confer it a high resistance to antibiotics and killing by macrophages. It is a white or yellowish powder, is almost tasteless and odorless and is extracted from the cell wall of brown algae, where through binding with water forms a viscous gum and is used 2 increase viscosity and also as an emulsifier.Applications:
- It is widely used in food, pharmaceutical and textile printing industry for its stability, thickening and emulsibility, hydratability and gel properties.
- Sodium Alginate is used as an ingredient in various pharmaceutical preparations, where it combines with bicarbonate to inhibit reflux.
- It is also used as an impression-making material in dentistry, prosthetics, lifecasting and for creating positives for small-scale casting.
- Sodium Alginate is widely used in pharmaceutical preparation, tissue engineering, clinical treatment, cell culture and food processing fields because of its exclusive physicochemical properties and favorable biocompatibility.
- It is used as thickening agent, suspending agent and disintegrating agent.
- It also can be used as the microencapsulated materials and the cold resistant agent for cells. Further more, it can lower blood sugar, antioxidant and increases immunological competence.
- In recent years, with the development of biological medical material and the new pharmaceutical dosage form, as a kind of bio adhesive polymer and PH sensitivity of the gel material, the application research of Sodium Alginate is increasing.
- In the conventional preparation, sustained release microcapsules or mini-pills are made availing of its polyelectrolyte character, gel matrix tablets are made availing of its gel character and targeted intestinal absorption tablet disintegrant is made availing of its PH sensitivity.
- It can also be used as thickening agent of the topical ointment.
- The viscosity of the oral tablet is increased if added Sodium Alginate into it.
- The gel barrier effect comes into being and prolong the drug release time, reduce adverse reactions.
- Long acting IsosorbideDinitrate tablet is made with the Sodium Alginate as base material.
- Long term effect can also be caused if added Sodium Alginate into antibiotic, insulin and hormone drugs solution.
- Sodium Alginate molecule contains free carboxyl and oxdydryl than can form gel with many metal ions.
- The mini-pills we made have PH sensitivity, suitable grain size that can prevent burst and oral toxicity.
- Sodium Alginate gel is so powerful bio-adhesive that it can be used in local wound dressing, drug delivery system for nasal cavity and ocular region, oral pellicles and chewable tablet.
- Sodium Alginate has the characteristic of blood compatibility, degradation and elimination inside the body.
- It is also a good carrier material for targeting drugs.