|Appearance||white-like or light yellow free flowing powder|
|PH||6.0 - 8.0 (1% solution)|
|Total Nitrogen||1.5 %|
|Shearing ratio||6.5 minimum|
|Particle size||80/120/200 (mesh)|
Xanthan Gum, which is made mainly from starch, is a high molecular weight polysaccharide produced by fermentation with Xanthomonas Campestris under the conditions of special nutrient medium, pH, O2 – supply and temperature, then precipitated, dried and milled into white-like or light-yellow free-flowing powder. Xanthan gum can be widely used in more than twenty industrial fields, such as food, pharmaceutical, fine chemical, agriculture, oil drilling and exploitation and so on. Compared with other kinds of colloids, xanthan gum has many advantages.
- Outstanding viscosity-enhancing property and solubility in water.
- Unique pseudo-plasticity rheological property of xanthan gum makes it high-efficient emulsifier and stabilizer.
- Excellent stability to large range of temperature and pH change.
- Satisfying compatibility with acid, alkaline, brine, enzyme, surface active agent, antiseptic, oxidant and other thickeners.
- Perfect synergistic action when blended with guar gum, locust been gum and other colloids.
Xanthan gum can be widely used as salt/acid resistant thickener, high efficient suspension agent and emulsifier, high viscosity filling agent in various food and beverage. It can not only enhance the performance of water-keeping and shape-keeping, but also improve the freeze/thaw stability and mouth-feeling of food and beverage products. Xanthan gum can also extend the shelf life of products, simplifying the filling and sterilization during the course of production.
- Food Grade Xanthan Gum: Food Grade Xanthan Gum can be widely used as salt/acid resistant thickener, high efficient suspension agent and emulsifier, high viscosity filling agent in various food, beverage, feedstuff and pet-food. It can not only enhance the performance of water-keeping and shape-keeping, but also improve the freeze/thaw stability and mouth-feeling of the products. Meanwhile, it can extend the shelf life of products.
- Pharmaceutical & Fine Chemical Grade Xanthan Gum: Pharmaceutical & Fine Chemical Grade Xanthan Gum can be used as thickener and stabilizer in liquid or ointment medicine, cosmetic, oral care products, household lotion. It can bring excellent effectiveness, such as enhancing the products-shaping and mouth-feeling, preventing the products from separating, making feeding and extrusion easier, improving products dispersability and absorbability.
- Industrial Grade Xanthan Gum:Acting as thickener and stabilizer, Industrial Grade Xanthan Gum can be applied to many industrial fields, such as oil drilling, pesticide, pottery & porcelain, printing & dyeing, painting, paper-making, mine-extraction and so on. It is specially produced as mud additive for oil drilling. Being an environment friendly and high efficient mud additive, it has an excellent tolerance to a wide range of temperature, PH and salinity. It can extremely increase the mud penetration rate and suspension ability to the drill cuttings. Meanwhile, it can also reduce the pressure loss during drilling, stabilize the well-bore, prevent the damage to oil formation and improve the efficiency of drilling, work-over and completion.
- 1% viscosity (cps) < 1200 1200-1450 < 1450
- Arsenic (ppm) < 3 < 3 < 3
- Lead (ppm) < 5 < 5 < 5
- Heavy metal (ppm): < 20 < 20 < 10
- total plate count (cfu/g) < 2000 < 2000 < 2000
- yeast & mould (cfu/g) not required ≤ 100 ≤ 100
- salmonella: negative in 10g;
- E-coil; negative in 5g;