Approx. Rs 2,400 / KilogramGet Latest Price
|Pack Type Available||Polycontainer, Fibreboard Drum, Carton|
|Pack Size Available||500 gram, 5 kg, 10 kg, 25 kg|
Plant Gel is the brand name for the Gellan Gum of Marine Hydrocolloids. Gellangum is a water-soluble anionic polysaccharide produced by the bacterium Sphingomonaselodea. It has a high molecular weight of approximately 500,000. Polysaccharide gum is produced by the fermentation of a carbohydrate by Pseudomonas Elodea, and it is then purified, dried and powdered. Plant Gel will disperse in cold water. Dispersion is aided by use of warm/hot water. It can be used as a replacement for Agar Agar for many applications. Plant gel melts at 80°C to 100°C and gels at 10 to 50°C. It is clear and has no syneresis or weeping. It is pH tolerant from 3 to 10. Gelation is promoted by calcium chloride (fused). Plant Gel can be used for making clear gel, with rigidity, thermal stability, compatible with natural additives and is ideal for preparation of nutrient media for most microbial application and plant tissue culture work. Because of its prominent gelling properties, PlantGel is widely used in food such as jelly, beverages, dairy products, jams, candy icing etc.
- Plant Gel has been approved for food, non-food, cosmetic and pharmaceutical uses.
- It finds a variety of applications across Food & Beverages, Medicine, Cosmetics, Plant-tissue culture, Tooth paste, Air Freshener and Fertiliser gel.
- Used as suspending and stabilising agent in beverages.
- Thickening agent,stabilises in diary products.
- Fruit juice, Fruit pulp
- Suspension and stabilizers
- Gelling agent and stabilizer in jellies, jams and soft candy.
- Stabiliser formed- products with gelling agent.
- In baked products as coating agent.
- In cosmetics as a thickening agent
- Plant Gel can enhance the hardness, elasticity and viscosity of flour products such as noodles, improve the taste, inhibit hot water swelling decrease the fragmentation of noodles and reduce turbidity of soup.
- As astabilising agent,Plant Gel is used in Icecream to improve shape maintenance.
- In cakes and cheese cakes it has moisture retention.
- It also helps with freshness preservation and also in shape preserving.
- In candy, Plant Gel is used to provide the product with good structure and texture and to shorten the formation time of starch soft candy gel.
- It can also be used in production of jam and jelly in place of pectin, as well as in stuffing of pastry and fruit pie.
Specification of Plant-Gel
Colour - off white
Odour - No odour
Appearance - Free flowing powder
Purity - 85 -100%
Loss on Drying - ≤ 15-0%
Lead - ≤ 2 mg/kg
Particle size 60 mesh - ≥ 92%
Transparency - ≥ 78%
Gel Strength - ≥ 900g/cm2
Bacterium count - cfu/g ≤ 1000
Mould and yeast - cfu/ g ≤ 100
pH - 4.0 – 7.0
Ash - ≤ 15.0
Arsenic - <4 ppm